Scientific Director, Peter Banks demonstrates the Epoch Multi-Volume Spectrophotometer System to Governor Jim Douglas
The new Lab is double the size at over 1,100 sq. ft. compared to the previous Applications Lab, but the most important addition is a dedicated cell culture room of 325 sq. ft. Within that space, we have:
- 16' of laminar flow hood space to perform tissue culture manipulations, including passing and plating cells.
- Three of the hoods will be used for eukaryotic cell manipulations; one will be used for bacterial cell processing.
- Each of the hoods is large enough that we can easily fit BioTek's liquid handling equipment inside the hood. This makes for easy robotic manipulation of sterile cells and media in an aseptic environment.
- Four incubators combined provide us with 19.5 cubic feet of space to grow eukaryotic cell lines.
- Because we possess multiple incubators, cell lines can be grown that require varied temperature or CO2 conditions.
- The incubators are large enough that we can fit new culturing instrumentation inside the incubator, which will allow us to generate project data using next generation culturing techniques.
With this new facility we will broaden and expand our collaborations with reagent partner companies, customers and the scientific community in general.
By, BioTek Instruments